United Kingdom


If you want to study in the UK then you are going to need a Student Visa. If you do, there are several types of study visa, depending on your age, the length of your course and the level at which you plan to study. Getting into the UK to study should be a simple process. But it’s not. It can in fact be quite daunting and stressful if you don’t have the right team helping you.

UK Student Visa – Eligibility

The following requirements must be satisfied before applying for a UK Tier 4 Student Visa:

  • You will need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for your course and support your stay in the UK
  • You will need to supply your letter of acceptance to show you have been accepted on a course of study in the UK

As well as the above criteria you will also need to gain 40 points from the Points Based System in order to qualify for a Tier 4 Student Visa.

Points are rewarded based on the following criteria:

  • Having a letter of acceptance in place from a recognized education provider (as defined by the UK Border Agency) = 30 points
  • Having sufficient funds to cover course fees and living costs = 10 points

UK Tier 4 Student Visa – Duration

The duration for which you can remain in the UK with a Student Visa is dependent upon your course type.

  • For courses that are Degree level or above you’ll be able to stay in the UK for up to four years.
  • For a Tier 4 Student Visa to study any course below Degree level, students will only be able to stay in the UK for a maximum of three years

UK Tier 4 Student Visa – Benefits  

  • Under Tier 4 Student Visa regulations, international students have permission to commence part-time work of up to 20 hours per week during term-time and full-time during holidays


Partners or Spouses  – This includes spouses, civil partners and unmarried/same sex partners of a British citizens or a person settled in the UK or a migrant worker/ student;

Children – children (including adopted) of migrants who have temporary or permanent permission to live in the UK

Elderly dependant relatives – Elderly dependants (parents, grandparents or other elderly dependants) of migrants who have permanent permission to live in the UK

Partner/ Spouse visa

Partners/spouses of the following people can obtain a partner/spouse visa.

  • Partners/Spouses of British citizens and people settled in the United Kingdom and
  • Partners/Spouses of a migrant worker or student;

Partners/Spouses of British citizens and people settled in the United Kingdom.

Spouses, civil partners and unmarried/same sex partners are defined as partner/spouse under the UK Immigration Law. If the partner/spouse visa is successful the UK Border Agency will issue a two year visa which at the end of the visa, the partner visa holder could apply for indefinite leave to remain. Anyone who obtained a spouse visa on or after 9 July 2012, will have to live in the UK for 5 years before applying for indefinte leave to remain.

In order to obtain the partner/spouse visa, applicants would need to prove that they are 21 years old or above.

Partners/Spouses of British citizens or settled migrants in the UK are entitled to join their partners/spouses in the UK. Initially they obtain a dependent/spouse visa for 2 years as a probationary period which at the end of this period, they could apply for indefinite leave to remain subject to their eligibility.

In order to obtain a partner/spouse visa it is mandatory to meet the following requirements:

  • Either legally married or in a civil partnership that recognized in the UK;
  • Partner/spouse is either British citizen or present and settled in the UK;
  • Intend to live together permanently in the UK;
  • Can financially support without claiming any public funds from the British authorities;
  • There is an accommodation to live in the UK;
  • Applicant and partner/spouse are not under 21 years old.

For unmarried partner/same sex partners apart from the above it is also mandatory to meet the following requirements;

  • any previous marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship, has permanently broken down;
  • they have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for two years or more.

Children of people who have limited permission to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as a worker or a student

Children under 18 years old could enter the UK as dependants of the main visa holder who has limited permission to enter or remain in the UK as a worker or a student.

In order to bring their children migrant workers/students would need to meet the following following requirements: 

  • The migrant has permission to enter the UK temporarily;
  • One of the parents either settled in the UK or has limited leave to remain/enter permission in the UK;
  • One of the parents have sole responsibility for the child;
  • There is sufficient accommodation for child to live with parents in the UK;
  • The main applicant is the child’s parent (stepmother and stepfathers are also considered as parents).

There are also requirements for the child which are as follows:

  • the child has not created his/her independent life;
  • the child is not married;
  • is not over 18 years old;
  • is financially dependent from parents.

The child must obtain a permission to enter the UK as a dependant of his/her parents and normally the visa issued for the same length of time as the parent.

It is also possible to bring children who are over 18 years old as dependants of their parents. Please contact us for advice.

Elderly dependent relatives

Elderly dependent relatives (parents, step parents, grandparents etc) of a British citizen or a person settled (who has permanent residence in the UK) in the UK could enter the UK as their dependants but the elderly dependent relatives would need to prove the following:

  • Elderly dependent is financially wholly dependent from the British citizen or a person settled in the UK;
  • They will be fully maintained and accommodated by the sponsor without claiming public funds from the UK authorities where the sponsor owns or occupies solely the accommodation;
  • Elderly dependent relatives do not have other close relative in the country of residence/origin which could financially support them;
  • Elderly dependent who is 65 years old or over;

It is also possible to bring an elderly dependent who is under 65 years old in exceptional compassionate circumstances. Please contact us for consultation.


  • We can assess you eligibility and advice you on spouse, unmarried partner, same sex partner, civil partner visas;
  • Assist and obtain a spouse, unmarried, same sex and civil partner visa for you either in the UK or overseas subject to eligibility;
  • Assess, advice, assist and obtain a 18 years old child visa for your dependants;
  • Assess, advice, assist and obtain an over 65 years old elderly dependant visa.

UK Tourist Visa, UK Visitor Visa, UK Visit Visa

UK Visitor Visa (UK Tourist Visa) allows you to visit UK either to sightsee or visit family or friends. Visas generally are granted for up to 1 year or more. Visitors are not permitted to work on this visa and are expected to leave UK before the visa expires. Applicants can visit UK along with their dependents and children.

Applications are made through the VFS and personal interviews are rarely called for. The key to a successful application is genuine intent to visit, accurate documentation & forms.

Eligibility Requirements

To apply for the UK Tourist Visa / UK Visitor Visa. the following eligibility criteria should be met

  • Applicants must demonstrate that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit.
  • Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job.
  • Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country.
  • Applicants may be required to undergo medical examination.
  • Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letter.
  • Applicants of certain countries may need a temporary resident visa

Basic Features of the UK Visitor Visa.

  • The UK Visitor Visa allows you to travel throughout UK and visit UK’s many attractions
  • You can visit family and friends
  • Visitors can also register for short courses relating to courses of areas of general interest, or to learn English.
  • Visitors can meet with prospective employers or recruiters in pursuit of employment opportunities
  • Visitors are strictly not permitted to work on a UK Tourist Visa / UK Visitor Visa as this is illegal.

Spouses and Dependants

Spouse, common law partner and dependent children over 18 years of age are required to apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.

Long Term Visit Visa for the UK

Long term Visitor visas to the UK are available for one, two, five and even 10 years. They are not easily granted, however, and if you do not need to spend this amount of time in the UK you are better off applying for a shorter-term visa, as the administration fee is not refundable if your application is refused. To be successful, you must demonstrate on your UK visit visa application form that you have an ongoing need to visit the UK, such as family or business connections.

Other UK visitor visa requirements include whether you can support yourself during your visits, an intention to leave the country at the end of each stay and an ongoing stability of your personal situation over a long period.

There are several types of visa which give legal rights for migrants to work in the United Kingdom. Some of these visas provide the option to apply for settlement if you qualify or meet the required criteria in due course, leading to Indefinite Leave to Remain/Citizenship.

The following visas give the legal right to work in the United Kingdom:

  • Tier 1 – General: this visa is designed for individuals who do not want to sign up with one specific employer in the United Kingdom, allowing them to change their job at any time. It can be described as an individual work permit. Currently this route is closed.
  • Tier 1 – Post-study workers: this visa is designed for students who have studied in the UK, and can be issued for up to 2 years. It does not lead to settlement. Currently this route is closed.
  • Tier 2 (new hire and intra company transferees): this visa is designed for companies that want to sponsor migrant workers.
  • Many other types of visas also give permission to work in the United Kingdom, such as visas that apply to entertainers, ministers of religion, overseas government employees, sole representatives, representatives of overseas newspapers as well as many other professions.

If you are not sure which visa is appropriate for you, please contact us for proper guide.

Business Visit Visa

The Business Visit Visa is suitable for people looking to enter the UK for business purposes. Business purposes can be defined as the following:

  • Attending a meeting or conference in the UK
  • Signing contracts in the UK
  • Conducting a site visit in the UK
  • Delivering goods in the UK
  • Working in the tourism industry as a translator or tour operator in the UK
  • Those who work in IT or company infrastructure in the UK
  • An academic visitor to the UK
  • Film crews or religious groups

Our service recognizes that every case has its own merits and an xpress professional consultant Expert will assess all of the relevant information surrounding your Business Visit Visa. It’s very important that an expert covers every detail of your case because only then can they fully inform you of the best way to move your case forward.

An xpress professional consultant Expert will ensure that your paperwork is accurate and in order, as this will provide a solid backbone to your case. A well-presented set of documents will strengthen and validate your Business Visit Visa application even further.

Once our Expert has compiled all the necessary documentation on your behalf, they will then apply up-to-date legal representation, utilizing the latest Immigration rules to support your Business Visit Visa application. Legal representations could prove to be the decisive factor in acquiring your Business Visit Visa and our Experts will apply their expertise to your matter to ensure that your case is well presented before the Home Office.

The importance of well-presented documents and supporting Legal Representations is crucial as the decision of the Home Office is based purely on the case file put before them. In most instances they don’t get to meet you in person, so every piece of information supplied by our Expert on your behalf, needs to be factual and relevant to your case. They are then able to add strength and validity to your case by applying their knowledge of Immigration Law.

You will also be given unrestricted access to a unique online Case Management System, allowing you to send documents safely and securely as well as giving you the opportunity to raise any questions or concerns you may have.
The service doesn’t end here. Once your Business Visit Visa application has been submitted, your Immigration Expert will closely monitor its progress. Until a decision has been reached, your Immigration Expert will continue to track your case and will notify you of the outcome immediately. Our service guarantees that you will be kept up-to-date with your Business Visit Visa application.


Why study in UK

UK educational system provides a world-class education and employment opportunities for international students. UK degree will really make you stand out from the crowd with its valuable qualification and exciting experiences. UK qualification gives you a great future, career and of course higher salary. In order to get better career in this increasingly globalised world economy, people need best skills and qualities to succeed. UK universities ranking are based upon various factors and according to study lots of universities in UK are among the top 100 in world.

Students get opportunity to meet people from other countries and know about their culture. There are lots of Indian students and Indian community already in UK. A job in UK after studies is not competitive when compared to India. Study in UK cost is very much affordable when compared to USA and other destination.

If the student is doing a full-time course that lasts more than six months, he/she can register with the National Health Service (NHS). This will allow them access to free doctors’ examinations and hospital treatment, reduced-cost medicines and eye tests. International students gets discounted price for travelling within the country.

UK cities and towns display a rich and varied historical and cultural heritage.

UK is known for having a multicultural society with all religions and faiths represented in some way. With a racial, ethnic and religious jumble, the UK is very open to new traditions and cultures – something that is a great thing for students from other countries.

Although UK is relatively small in size, it offers a wealth of attractions. London is one of the most exciting and cosmopolitan cities in the UK and if you look beyond London, you will find a nation that is now one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world.

UK qualification are recognized and respected around the world. UK Universities are the best when it comes to quality standards. Truematics is leading uk educational consultancy in india. Truematics is authorized representative for many uk universities. Our commitment and expertise makes us a leading uk visa consultants.


UK student visa guidelines:

International students from outside the UK or EU must apply for a student visa. You can only apply for a student visa if you intend to study a full-time degree course in the UK. Student visas are not issued for part-time courses. Your eligibility is calculated using a points-based rules system called a Tier 4 Student Visa.

Student visa requirement:

1. CAS – Confirmation of acceptance of studies (30 points)
2. Funding (10 points)

Proof of financial sources:

The candidate has to show funds which must be minimum 28 days old from date of visa application.
The funds must be in the name of student or a joint account shall exist for both financial sponsor (parents) and student.
If the funds are as fixed deposit then, bank must issue a letter confirming the availability of same and encashment can be done within 28 days maximum.
Bank letter must be dated less than 30 days from the date of visa application.
If the funds are shown as education loan then, sanction letter of loan dates less than 30 days must be produced with a copy of terms and conditions or loan agreement.

Visa appointment has to be made online. Visa application may be submitted personally at the VFS UK local office, after obtaining appointment by online. If the authenticity of documents is confirmed, issue of visa will not take more than 7 days to 15 days. In case the visa officials consider that an interview may be required, there will be a personal visa interview before a visa could be granted or denied.


Living expense in UK

The estimation specified below is for rough calculation and it is for someone who live with group of 3 -5 students in a four bed room apartment. Approximately 400 – 500 pounds will be living expense for a student who lives outside London with a group of students.

Accommodation cost in uk: 200 – 300 pounds /month
Electricity and gas bill cost in uk: 30 pounds/month
Food cost in uk: 100 pounds/month
Public transport: 20 pounds/month
Telephone: 10 pounds /month
Books & Stationary: 10 pounds /month
Misc: 40 pounds /month

Student Accommodation in uk:

As we highlighted in our student accommodation section, there are many options for places to live when you come to the UK, and each of these will vary in cost. If you are planning to come to the UK for University then you will most probably take the Halls of Residence option. Some will have catering facilities such as a canteen, but others will just have a kitchen so you can cook your own food.

If you opt to not go the halls of residence option, you can always go and find your own accommodation and the best way to do this is get a group of 6 students that you would like to live with. You can then go house hunting and find your own accommodation. The benefit of doing this is that firstly its fun to look for a house together and secondly with 6 people costs are split 6 ways and so it can be a much cheaper option.

If you are coming to the UK for ESL lessons or for another reason you might want to opt for a home stay. These are often shorter term visits and for that reason it is not common to come to the UK for a degree program and to stay at a home stay for the entire time of your degree.Although this looks more expensive you have to consider that this price will be inclusive of meals and all accommodation.

Working out what living expenses you will need to consider and how much they will cost you will depend on so many factors. For example if you want to live the lifestyle you have been doing with your parents back in your home country – this will probably be very expensive to do, so you might have to make compromises!


Part time jobs in UK

In UK there are abundant opportunities for part-time and holiday work. Students can undertake part-time work and are permitted to work up to 20 hours a week during term time and full time during holidays. International students are allowed to do part time jobs during study period

How to find part time jobs in uk:

Registering with the local agency
finding opportunity in university placement office
Referal from seniour students
Online job search portal
walkin to direct outlet like mcdonalds, kfc, etc

How much you can earn doing part time jobs in uk:

Most of the students earn somewhere around 6 – 10 pounds / hours. Roughly on an average most of the students earn around 400 pounds in a month. Student can do full time job during holidays. Usually during christmas time students earn even around 1200 pounds in a month.

Common place where indian students do part time jobs in uk:

Mc donalds
Royal post
Food court